Tuesday 14 June 2011

Article in Your Family History

I am pleased to see that an article I co-authored with my good friend and former colleague Neil Kevan has appeared in the June issue of Your Family History. I spent eight years working at Title Research, the noted firm of probate genealogists, and was handed the company's portfolio of  Irish cases soon after I started, so I can claim to speak with at least some authority on this complicated subject. Coincidentally, I heard The Pogues' song 'Thousands are Sailing' on Radio 4 the other day; I hadn't heard this Philip Chevron-penned song for years and had forgotten how powerful it is. If ever there was a piece of work that encapsulates the depth of the trauma that mass emigration inflicted on Irish society it is surely this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment